Pages

Monday, 14 September 2015

Numbers 1

Good morning, girls! I hope today is a good day for you all whatever lies ahead. If it's not so good, I pray that the Lord will be with you and give you the grace and strength to face it. Remember, whatever challenges are in store for you and me, God's grace is "sufficient" to carry you through.

HERE is where you can access the bookmark for the month of September.
Today we are in the book of Numbers and the first chapter. Of course, I presumed this chapter (and probably most of the book as well) would be dry and difficult. How could I possibly think this about any of God's Word? How wrong that is! God's Word is sweet and precious and every single word is important and for our benefit. I just came at it with the wrong attitude. If this is you too, ask the Lord to help you approach His Word with eagerness and anticipation, expecting to learn wonderful and new things from it that you can apply to your life as you seek to live more and more in a way that pleases Him.


I think part of my problem is that I suffer from NUMEROPHOBIA! Really, I'm not joking! Apparently there is such a thing...a fear of numbers. I hate numbers. As soon as I see numbers, my brain goes into freeze mode and I just cannot think straight. I love English and other languages but numbers is just not my thing. So maybe that's why I thought this would be a dry and difficult book, because it is full of...well, numbers!!! And just look at chapter 1! There are numbers in thousands all needing added up. God told Moses it was time to add up all the numbers of the people of Israel. Well, not all of them, in this case it was just to be the males aged twenty and over who were fit and able to be in an army. This was a massive task for Moses accompanied by his brother Aaron but what I learned here was that God asked them to do this on a certain day and they got started immediately and had it completed on the same day. Do you ever procrastinate? I do sometimes, especially with jobs that don't appeal to me that much. But I've been learning recently and putting into practice more often the fact that when I have a job to do, I should do it straightaway. It's not going to get any easier by putting it off. There is a huge sense of relief when the job has been done, isn't there? When it comes to the Lord, we should always try and do whatever job He asks us to do immediately. Anything we have to do, should always be done with His glory in mind. No matter how unappealing it may be or how hard, the sooner we do it the better. Verse 54 at the end of this first chapter says that
...the children of Israel did according to all that the Lord commanded Moses, so did they.
 Notice the word 'ALL'. Not just some things, or the bits that they were happy to do, but all of it. What is the Lord asking you to do today or this week? Will you do it quickly and immediately and with all of your heart?

Have a good day.

Hugs, Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment