Pages

Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Song of Solomon 7:1-9

Good evening, girls! I trust you are well and enjoying the nearness of Christ in your life today.

I don't know about you, but these verses were quite difficult, I thought. Yes, I can see that the bridegroom is talking about his love and is praising her affectionately for all her good points. I did notice that he doesn't say anything negative about her; it's all good. Quite unlike us, don't you think? We are often quick to be negative about others, to point out their faults. We often emphasize the things we don't like about someone, even though their good points may outweigh the bad; it always seems to be the bad things we focus on and minimize the good. What a strange bunch people are! I'm so glad our heavenly Father is quite the opposite to us! He sees us in His Son and therefore He sees us as wonderful, cleansed, holy. How amazing is that?! I'm thrilled that God looks at me and judges me by His own standards, not by the same ones I may apply to others or by the ones other people judge me by.

When you look back over your life, before salvation and after, you will probably feel overwhelmed at times by the sinful things you have thought, done and said. We could let ourselves get down as we ponder these things but this is not what God wants for us. He wants us to be strong in Him, to know how much He absolutely adores us and to walk straight and tall in our Christian life for Him. We have nothing to be afraid of, past, present or future. Our sins are under the blood and we belong completely to Christ. What an amazing relationship we have with the Creator of the universe. Isn't it just so wonderful to be loved as we are, blessed beyond measure, seen as holy - all because of Christ. I trust that you will know the blessedness of that love and relationship this very night. Draw close to a God who sees us, not as we once were, but as we are now, redeemed and forgiven!

Hugs, Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment