Pages

Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Proverbs 31:19-22 ♥ Hard working and a giver ♥


Good evening girls! Today, our reading is in Proverbs 31:19-22. I'll get straight into my thoughts, short and sweet as they are tonight! 

This virtuous woman (whose example we should be trying to follow) is a Hard Worker (verse 19). She, as we would say, 'never quits'! She is on the go from very early in the morning (v.15) until late into the night (v.18). I admire her, I think she is wonderful being able to keep going for so many hours, but I'll have to be completely honest with you...getting up very early I can do, but staying up late into the night as well? No, I can't do it. As a baby, my mum tells me that I went to bed at about 6.30 pm in the evening and slept right through till lunchtime the next day! She thought there was something wrong with me and took me to see the doctor who said there was nothing to worry about, babies are thriving when they're sleeping!! I think it's getting harder as I get older! But I'm inclined to think that it is the principle of being a hard worker that God is referring to in this portion of Scripture. Most of the Christian women I know are hard workers; they get up early to prepare lunches for their children/husband, maybe go out to work themselves and then in the evenings have to make dinners, do homeworks with the children, catch up on the ironing and a hundred other jobs!

Verse 20. What I love about this lady also is that she is a giver, not a taker. She makes the effort to help those who are in need. But not only does she help the poor and needy, she goes further and stretches forth her hands to them. The implication here is that she pushes herself to do more than the basics. She does what she can for those who are close by but also makes that extra special effort for others who may be at a distance from her. In our context and culture, this could involve us giving money to missionaries who are on the foreign field so that they can help those in need, when we can't be out there to do it. We are enabling the missionaries to help the poor and needy.


Thanks for visiting!

Hugs, Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment