As you can see, our memory verse for this week comes from chapter 17, and as we read this chapter we can see just how important the blood is to God (and if it's important to Him, then it should also be important to us).
A couple of important lessons I learned here are that:
♥ Our life is precious to God; remember the 'life of the flesh is in the blood' so when we talk about the blood, we also mean the life. In this day and age we live in, life is cheap; people don't seem to care about the preciousness of life. Abortion at one end of the scale, murders in the middle and euthanasia at the other end prove this point. If something isn't quite perfect or no longer fits in with our plans, then life may be taken away. It is absolutely not our right to decide this. Only God has the right to decide about when a life ends. 'Our times are in His hands' - or at least, they should be.
♥ The blood that Jesus shed for us on Calvary is also very precious. He gave up His life for us. How do we view the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ? What have we done with it according to our own soul? This is the very question that God will ask on the judgement day. Do we regard the blood of Christ as valuable? For those who are unsaved, do you realize that you are trampling underfoot the blood of Christ, as worthless, every time you reject His offer of salvation?
- ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,Just to take Him at His Word;Just to rest upon His promise,And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
- Refrain:Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
- Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,Just to trust His cleansing blood;And in simple faith to plunge me’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
- Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,Just from sin and self to cease;Just from Jesus simply takingLife and rest, and joy and peace.
- I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;And I know that Thou art with me,Wilt be with me to the end.
♥ Pray that the Lord will teach you the preciousness of life; do all that you can to preserve life
♥ Thank the Lord and praise Him for His precious blood shed so freely for us and all our sin
♥ Ask the Lord to show you the importance of the communion service in your church and attend when possible