Good to have you with us today, learning more about the Lord and what He has done for us. Have you thought about this week's memory verse and how you can glorify God today before whatever people you come into contact with? Remember, you might be the one and only genuinely saved person they might meet today, this week or even this year and how you live before them will either draw them closer to knowing God or turning them further away from Him. We all have to take our walk with God seriously.
Today's thoughts are very simple and are what the Lord has laid on my heart. Maybe He has spoken to you in a completely different way. Why not share with us here, or on your What's app group, what He has taught you? Remember to check back in this blog to Exodus 29 where we talked about the various offerings made to the Lord and what they signified.
In verses 12 and 13, we learn that if a man offers a sacrifice of a peace offering and it is with thanksgiving, then it has to be offered in a particular way -
- with unleavened cakes mingled with oil
- as well as unleavened wafers anointed with oil
- also cakes mingled with oil, of fine flour, fried
- as well as all this, he is to offer 'leavened bread'
It is important to notice the significance of the various meanings here, for example, as we have already said in a previous study -
- the 'unleavened' cakes speak to us of God the Father, holy and pure
- the 'fine flour' speaks of the Lord Jesus Christ who was bruised and beaten for our sin
- the 'oil' speaks of the holy Spirit
- the 'leavened' bread or cakes speak to us of sinful man. Remember leaven reminds us of pride and sin in the Scriptures and was often applied to the Pharisees by the Lord Jesus.
So what we see here is that man can offer a peace offering with thanksgiving, or I suppose for us today, we can come to God in prayer with thanksgiving, because there is now peace between God and man through the sacrifice that the Lord Jesus Christ made for us. The unleavened and leaven are offered together because Christ, the unleavened, was beaten and bruised for us, the leavened, and through the workings of the holy Spirit there is now peace in our hearts and between us and the God of heaven. We have so much to thank our Saviour for!
- Pray that the Lord will help us to praise and thank Him for the way of salvation through the sacrifice of His dear Son
- Ask the Lord to fill you with His blessed holy Spirit today so that you can praise Him fully for the peace that we now have with a holy God
- Pray that others will come to know this same Saviour that you serve and that they will see Him in your life
Hugs, Karen x