Good morning girls! Welcome to a brand new day! Another 960 minutes to give to God!
Today we are looking at Leviticus 4, the same chapter that our memory verse for this week is found.
Up until today we have had three types of offerings:
Today, it is the 'Sin Offering'. Can you see how all of these different offerings and sacrifices point towards the lovely Lord Jesus Christ? All these wee animals were innocent; in the same way, Christ was completely innocent of any charges laid against Him, yet He freely and willingly allowed Himself to be offered up as a Sin Offering for us. How can we not be overwhelmed by His amazing love for sinners? The sins mentioned here that are atoned for by the sin-offerings are:
- evident - people, including the one doing it, knew what they had done but perhaps didn't know that it was a sin ("through ignorance").
- even committed by the priest himself. There is no person on earth, now or ever, who is sinless except the Lord Jesus Christ. Every single man, woman or child needs to repent and be forgiven.
Verse 12. After the animal had been sacrificed, the remains (ashes) were taken outside the camp. When we repent of our sin, we are to put it from us completely, so as not to risk temptation to sin again. It should be out of sight and out of mind.
Sin is a dreadful thing. It separates us from God and breaks down any chance of true fellowship with Him. As Christians we must confess our sin to God the Father on a daily basis and ask Him to cleanse us afresh in the atoning blood of His Son, the Lord Jesus. But we must not go back to it again and repeat it. If we ask for forgiveness, God will surely be gracious but we must do all in our power to keep out of the way of temptation and sin.
For any of you who are not yet saved, all you have to do is repent of your sin and come to Christ and ask for His forgiveness and He promises that He will - 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness."
- Pray that the Lord will show you when you have sinned against Him
- Ask Him to give you a heart of humility and repentance
- Pray every day that He will cleanse you when you sin against Him in thought, in word or in deed and ask Him to help you to turn your back on whatever sin it is that you have done; He promises cleansing to the humble, penitent sinner
Hugs, Karen x