Pages

Monday, 9 February 2015

Exodus 26: The design for God's dwelling place


Good evening, friends. I hope you had a good day today and that you have known much of the blessing of the Lord in your life. Have a look at the verse above - it's Psalm 3:2, our memory verse for this week.

I'm going to admit to you right up front that I am struggling a bit with these readings about the Tabernacle because there is so much detail in them and they are a bit confusing. However, they are still very important verses and I have been blessed with some simple thoughts as I've read through it. I'd really like it if you would add a wee comment in at the bottom to let the rest of us know what you have learned, since the Lord speaks to us all whatever our need is and these can be so different from each other's.
So, what I've gathered from my reading of this chapter is mostly from verse 33 and the words "the vail shall divide unto you between the holy place and the most holy". There is a separation between God and man, a division made by sinful man that could only be made right by God. Sin has caused a vail to be put up between us and a holy God because He is so holy that His eyes cannot even behold our sin; so this vail, or partition, had to be broken down and God's plan was that His pure and holy and beloved Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, had to be punished for this awful sin of ours. This took place on Calvary when Christ suffered, bled and died for us. This is what is spoken of in Ephesians 2:14, "For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;" and also in Mark 15:38, "And the veil of the temple was rent (torn) in twain (two) from the top to the bottom."
Only Christ could have made it possible for man to be reconciled to a holy God. I'm so thankful to my Saviour that He was willing to die for me because, if He hadn't, the only place for me and my sin would have been a lost eternity.
If you click on the word 'tabernacle' below the picture, you will be taken to youtube.com to see a visual representation of the design of the OT tabernacle.
Tabernacle

Prayer matters: Praise the Lord for the work of Christ in making a way back to God the Father in reconciliation and pray for your friends and family who still haven't seen their need of coming to Him and accepting this work for them. Pray that Christ will be seen in your life on a daily basis.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was just wonderful how God gave so much detail how to build the tabernacle and then I realised that He also has a detailed plan for each of us after all He knew us even before we were born and He cares about each wee detail we worry about - we need to seek His guidance for everything and if u are like me, worry less

    ReplyDelete