Pages

Saturday, 10 January 2015

Just checking in...

Hello friends.  I won't normally be posting on this blog at the weekend, but since this is our first week I just thought I'd pop in and see how you're all doing!  I see we also have three more new followers - a warm welcome to you all ☺.  Here's a reminder from a previous post -

We are also going to be trying to commit some verses to memory, so this is the Scripture we will be memorizing over the coming weeks - Psalm 77:11-20.
This week we are memorizing Psalm 77:11,12 - 


12 I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings. 

How are you getting on with memorising the verses?  If I'm honest, I would have to say memorising verses is not something I'm great at.  Oh, of course I know all the favourite well-known verses like John 3:16 and Proverbs 3:5 & 6, but verses that are a little bit more obscure...mmm, well, that's taking me out of my comfort zone!  And, two verses in one week, with MY memory?  Well, this isn't easy; but I'm going to push myself on a bit.  There are 1440 minutes in a day, so surely I can take 5 of those minutes every day and try and commit these verses to memory.  My husband is a minister and he regularly visits the elderly people in our congregation and he always tells me that, even though there are things they cannot remember at this stage of their life, they can ALWAYS remember God's Word and the old hymns.  So, if I live to an older age and I find myself in a situation of memory loss, I need to prepare myself now to take in God's precious and comforting Word.  You can tell I recently turned 50, can't you!!!

So, I decided to write out the verses for January on the back of my little daily reading bookmark so that it's right there at hand.  We only need to do up to verse 16 in January; we'll do the rest in February.  I've also highlighted the verses I've to do for the week.  Hope this gives you a wee nudge in the right direction!



3 comments:

  1. Scripture Typer is a handy app to aid memory work. I definitely feel like I'm making more progress using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eppie, I must have a look at this, sounds good! Thanks for the heads up, Karen x

      Delete
  2. Think I'm definitely in now looking 4ward to getting started thnks Mrs Murray 4 taking time out of ur busy working life to encourage us ladies Ann x😄

    ReplyDelete