Pages

Monday, 5 January 2015

Getting ready to enter Exodus!

Hello friends and a happy and blessed 2015.  I am entering this new year with a renewed desire to meet with and grow closer to my Saviour.  I hope you feel the same and if, at this point in your life, you don't, then ask the Lord to open your heart to His Word and to speak clearly to you through it.  I pray that His people will want to know Him more this incoming year.  I have discovered through different events in my life in recent times that I am totally dependent on the Lord to help me live the life He wants me to live.  I've always known this, ever since I became a Christian over 32 years ago, but now I know that this is how I want it to be.  I don't want to try and struggle through life in my own wisdom or strength.  I want to live my life fully by resting on the Lord and in His great strength.  Psalm 20:7 says: "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God".

Before we start our study in Exodus on Monday, here are a few things you might like to gather up for your own personal use (optional, of course):

  • Bible (I use, and will quote from, the King James Version)
  • January bookmark
  • Coloured pens or pencils (not felt tips)
  • Highlighters 
  • Journal/notebook
Here is the colour scheme I use for marking my Bible.  I've tried to keep it simple so that I can remember it easily.



PURPLE = Commands to obey
ORANGE = Examples to follow
DARK BLUE = God's characteristics
LIGHT BLUE = Heaven, my reward
GREEN = Lessons to learn
PINK = Promises to plead
BROWN = Sin to stay clear of
RED = Warnings to be aware of
YELLOW = Prayer
I hope this helps you to get organised and ready for our new study.  If you have any ideas you'd like to share of what helps you to get the most out of your personal Bible study, feel free to comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment