Pages

Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Exodus 3: The great "I AM"

Good morning friends, and thank you to the first three ladies who have started following me!

Today we are in Exodus chapter 3, where Moses has the amazing experience of meeting the LORD at the burning bush.  In v.14 we read "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM".  The Hebrew for this is YHWH, referring to the LORD God JEHOVAH and it means "He is" or "He will be".  Jehovah is a name that is personal to our God and it is especially linked to His covenant grace and mercy.  Our God is an amazing, almighty God, way beyond our human comprehending.  God does not 'need' us the way we need Him, but in His great love and mercy for mankind whom He created, He wants us to have fellowship with Him.  What an honour and a privilege for us.  Imagine being able to have a personal relationship with the Creator of heaven and earth!

Here's what I found especially encouraging in this chapter.

7 And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;
Jehovah is watching all that goes on here on earth.  Listen to these words of comfort - 
"I have surely seen the affliction of my people...
and have heard their cry...
for I know their sorrows...
and I am come down to deliver them...
and to bring them up..."
Our God Jehovah cares.  He is not a distant, impersonal divine Spirit who isn't interested in us.  He sees our struggles, He hears our prayers, He is aware of our tears and, in His perfect time, He will help us and deliver us.  Are you struggling today with some sorrow or affliction?  Tell the Lord about it and then wait for Him to deliver you.  Of course, the waiting is the hard part, isn't it, because we want answers now. Over the years I have learned to become more patient as patience hasn't always been my strong point ☺. But the Lord wants us to be patient until He is ready to work.  If we don't wait and try to manage things our own way, then disaster can follow as we saw in Genesis with Sarah and Hagar.  Remember the words in Psalm 27,
He'll even give us the grace to be patient, if we ask Him.
And we'll finish today with these words from verse 12, "And He said, Certainly I will be with you".  When God says "certainly", He means there can be no room for doubt.  Believe Him, because He is the Truth, He cannot lie.  Are you feeling alone today?  Feeling as though no one really understands what you are going through?  God sees, He knows, He hears and He cares...tell Him all about it and then wait in His presence.
I trust that the Lord will bless your own heart this day and that you will soon see answers to your prayers.
Prayer Matters: Pray for yourself and your brothers and sisters in Christ, that we will draw closer to God as Moses did when he saw the bush burning.  Remember God is always there, we are the ones who wander away.  Keep close to Him at all times.
Hugs Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment