Pages

Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Welcome to my new blog!

Hello there and thank you for joining me on my journey to draw closer to the Saviour I love.  I am going to be Blogging Through the Bible and then sharing with you what I learn in my own daily quiet times with the Lord.  I do hope you will join me to learn more about Him, His word and the great blessings He has in store for those who love and trust Him.

Here is my new Bible with my new coloured pens and my little colour scheme.  You can't really see it here in the picture but I have used a yellow pen at the bottom and it's for 'Prayer'
This is (one of) my fabulous personal journals!  You can get these made to your own personal specifications at www.personal-planner.co.uk



I would also encourage you to pop over to the Women Living Well blog for more resources.  Starting on Monday 5 January 2015, we will be going through the book of Exodus.  I know for some people the Old Testament books can seem to be boring and heavy going but when you really get into them it is amazing just how wonderful it can be.  I have been a Christian for 32 years now and have read the book of Genesis many times, but going through it just one chapter a day recently, and really focusing on only one or two verses, helped me to gain so much more from God's treasure house.  I also write down what I have learned.  I don't know about you, but I always love to mark or highlight my Bible.  Courtney at Women Living Well has developed a bible marking scheme which is great and you can certainly follow it.  Just a couple of weeks ago, I had developed my own colour marking scheme, so I'm going to stick with it since I'd already started. Just do what works for you.  Courtney also gives us a printable Bible-reading plan which you can put into your Bible as a bookmark...perfect!

So I'll hopefully see you back here next week as we grow closer to the Lord and learn from Him.

Hugs and blessings to you for 2015!

Karen x

2 comments:

  1. May the Lord bless your new blog Karen, I shall be popping by for encouragement , hugs Marlou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for inviting me to follow your blog. I look foward to the encouragement and teaching I know I will recieve from it. God Bless. Joanne x

    ReplyDelete